The parish church dedicated to Saint Nicholas of Granaglione is of medieval origin but was rebuilt in the eighteenth century whilst the bell tower is dated to the early nineteenth century.
The building was rebuilt on the ruins of an earlier church and it still retains some of the original features like some of portico sandstone columns, on one side of the churchyard.
The facade is very simple and the interior has a sober style. There is a painting depicting the coronation of the Virgin and Saints of the sixteenth century and two painted terracotta works depicting La Pietà (The Pity) and the crucifix, dated to the sixteenth century. The painter Luciano Bettini decorated the church chapels in the mid 1900’s.
PARISH CHURCH OF SAN NICOLÒ
|Download the page location|